Forum for Nation Building (FNB) Nepal is a non-profit making organization established in March, 2013 by youths of Nepal. The organization is registered at Kathmandu District Administration Office (DAO) in March 2013 and affiliated to Social Welfare Council (SWC) of Nepal. FNB, Nepal works with the motto “Contribution on Nation Building”.
FNB Nepal works for access to justice, human rights, migration, disaster, domestic violence, democracy and rule of issues. The organization is finalist for 2017 Justice Prize Competition and shortlisted for 2018 PILnet Local Pro Bono Impact Award. FNB Nepal is champaign on community mobilization and community outreach program. Community Mobile Legal Clinic is one of the best renowned programs of the organization that has already reached more than 30,000 people directly in different corners of the country and more than 50 lakh population indirectly. We are successful to educate thousands of students, youths and local people on foreign employment, human trafficking and smuggling issues including other legal problems though our projects and programs. FNB had filed PIL to the supreme court of Nepal on July 2020 for ensuring the rights of Nepali migrant workers residing in India.
Distant-Psychosocial counselling to migrant workers, relief and rescue support to the migrant workers and their families, migration education to students, legal aid and legal consultation services to migrant workers are some of the core activities of FNB Nepal related to migration.
FNB Nepal’s objectives include;
• to work in the areas of community, sustainable development and access to justice.
• to work for the protection and promotion of human rights, rule of law and peace
• to support the poor, marginalized and vulnerable people for providing access to justice
• to work for protection and promotion of rights of migrant workers and their family members
• to work for the protection and promotion of rights of elderly people and domestic violence survivors.